So I saw this and thought it was really cool, so I looked at it and made my own ruleset based on this, with a lot more customization flexibility.
- Warp Damage 50% (100) (This one's just kind of a personal thing)
- Critical Hit Rate 100% (0)
- Critical Damage 50% (100) (This was because I felt that Blocking should still have a risk/reward dynamic, because as is blocking gets you a free hit, but the risk still isnt really worth the payoff) (cont. at Extra Abilities)
- Assist Guage Charge (Attack) 80% (100)
- Assist Guage Charge (Hit) 320% (400) (These were both just to account for the Attractorb debuff without directly requiring that it be equipped)
- Unbanned everything, on the fence about banning Lufenia, get back to that after some testing.
- Other than standard bans (Bonecrusher, breakables), everything is unbanned, got my eyes on Side by Side, but I'm also hesitant about banning since so many characters rely on it due to bad EX.
- All are unbanned except;
- Precision Evasion (Because it's incredibly dumb)
- All the Critical Related abilities except; Cat Nip, Back to the Wall, Gambler's Spirit, and Anti-EX
- All the Disable Abilities
- And EXP to HP, any of the other 3 are fine
- On the fence with Bravery Regen, we'll see if Regen gets out of hand.
And that's it! This hopes to retain the intent of placing greater reward on offensive strategy, and hit confirms, while adding a bit of a larger risk/reward dynamic, a greater comeback mechanic, and a greater deal of flexibility! Hopefully after some testing it can be ironed out and further improved, and I hope everyone enjoys playing it!
Another opportunity to test Dissidence, the rules will change a bit:
Gates of Babylon Dissidia Tournament - May 27 2017
Adhocserver.exe Zero Tier One PPSSPP version 1.11-222 NA version of DDFF (code ULUS 10566) Discord (All except .iso of the game and discord can be downloaded from http://tinyurl.com/hmltue2 )
Ruleset: Dissidence Version 3 - Fixed equips version (savefile with all characters ready, change assists and skills as you wish: https://tinyurl.com/m8xklss Feral Chaos Banned 1-hit chase rule: "If you chase after a successful chase BRV attack, it must be an empty chase (don't perform any additional chase attacks)" Infinites are allowed Kuja, Sephiroth, Aerith, Tidus, Yuna and Jecht assists are Banned Counter Summons Always Equipped Reverse Free Dash + Assist Gauge Up On Dash combination is banned (only reverse dash is fine) Dave's Stuped Rule (you cannot pick a stage you have already won on) Any rage-quitting behavior, be it "softly" (pressing Start > giving up the match) or "hardly" (closing the PPSSPP, etc.) will result in a disqualification from the tournament Special Rules:
You choose two characters (main/reserve). When you lose a match, you may change or keep your character, while the winner has to keep To avoid blindpicking, you must be clear about with who you will start a match (the main). Send your picks to me on Discord You can't pick two among: Prishe, Squall, Lightning, Firion, Sephiroth, Zidane, Onion Knight, Exdeath, WoL and Cloud. For example, your main character (the one you start a set) can't be Cloud and your reserve Prishe, both from the list aforementioned If your character during a match is Shantotto, Yuna, Terra, CoD, Cecil, Bartz or Laguna, you have the RIGHT to pick any allowed stage you like and Dave's Stuped rule does not apply to you In case both players pick one of these characters or none for M1, a coinflip will decide who picks the stage among the following stater stages: World of Darkness, Lunar Basement, Sky Fortress Bahamut Then, the loser may pick any of the following stages: Old Chaos Shrine, World of Darkness, Lunar Basement, Order's Sanctuary, Kefka's Tower, Crystal World, Sky Fortress Bahamut, Crystal Tower, Prima Vista (the allowed stages) For example, if the winner was using a character with stage pick advantage and the loser switched to a character with this right as well, the loser will choose the stage If the winner has the right to pick stage due to the fact he is using a low tier and the opponent isn't, he must choose the stage BEFORE the loser decides if he changes his character or not Omega variants are banned There is no striking/ban system, therefore, sets can be done from beggining to end with just a coinflip or no external assistance at all, just rememeber to post who won on discord so the brackets can be updated
One day double elimination tournament All sets are best of 5 matches Remember to save ALL of your matches and send the replays to me, on Discord Sign up:
Send me a DM in discord with your picks and I will reveal a list with everyone's team an hour before the tournament starts Send me another DM to confirm your presence. It is best you do it 10 minutes before the tournament starts or earlier Brackets:
I will do as I please. A link of the brackets will be posted on our discord at least an hour before it starts Reiterating, tournament will begin and end on May 27th
START: 6:00 PM (18h00min) Reference Timezone GMT 0 (may change)
Notes: get ready a little before tournament starts, there will be 20 minutes tolerance, if a match didn't start before that because of you, you go directly to losers, then another 20 minutes will be given until you get eliminated.