6 characters.

Winner may get something... which may be nothing. But it also may be something. Whi-

1. Gilgamesh
  2. Tifa
  3. Eald'narche
  4. Gabranth
  5. Caius
  6. Zenos

Gonna also make the bet that they'll alternate new and old, but other than that who knows what the order will be.

• Laguna
  • Yuna
  • Gilgamesh
  • Vayne Solidor
  • Dysley/Barthandelus
  • Eld'narch
Edited by DyxoXinoro

Personally I think the expanded roster of characters will likely be everyone who was included in the mobile game opera omnia.

So like, Seymour ffx, Yuna ffx( new main if they do it justice), y'da (lyse)xiv, siefer ffviii, vivi ffix, hope ffxiii etc

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, ScionOfLight said:

Personally I think the expanded roster of characters will likely be everyone who was included in the mobile game opera omnia.

So like, Seymour ffx, Yuna ffx( new main if they do it justice), y'da (lyse)xiv, siefer ffviii, vivi ffix, hope ffxiii etc

However the first season pass will only be six people. We're currently guessing which six.

According to Square the first batch of characters are as follows:

1) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
2) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Early-Era FF games. (Could be Minwu or Locke)
3) Female, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
4) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.
5) Either Yuna, Prishe, or Tifa.
6) Male, All-New to Dissidia, Later-Era FF games.

So my guess is

1)Auron

2)Locke

3)Garnet

4)Balthier

5)Tifa

6)Caius

My Guesses:

1) Snow - FFXIII (someone needs to tick lightning off)
2) Leon - FFII (arguing that he seems to be a current thematic-fit)
3) Penelo - FFXII (arguing for some camaraderie for Vaan)
4) Alphinaud - FFXIV (please kill me)
5) Prishe - FFXI (because we NEED more fast-action characters!)
6) Aldyn - FFXV (since the trend - there is a protagonist for all titles, I suppose Noct needs an antagonist)

Alright, so the first thing to note is that there are five characters from the later games. There are also five numbered games that have only one representative, which implies that they are going to emphasis balance. This tends to favour Prishe for 5), although I wont say Yuna doesn't have a chance (also, Tifa is from the first half of FF, so she isn't an option)

Secondly, with the whole event late last year with Locke's VA, Locke is easily the most likely option for 2)

As for 3), there are several choices. In numerical order we could go with:

Lady Lilith (most popular villain from FFXI) or Lilisette (third most popular XI character after Shantotto and Prishe) from XI: Although this assumes Prishe doesn't get in

Ashe from XII - next most prominent  character in XII

Serah from XIII - Lead character from XIII-2, also pretty popular in Japan

Eula Darnus   -  Mentioned by Yoshi P as one of his preferred characters

Aranea Highwind - Really popular female character

Of these Female characters,  I think Serah has the best chances, simply because her two biggest competitors, Snow and Raines aren't as big as the competition most of the others have to face

As for the three remaining men

XII -  Vayne or Baltheir

XIV - Zenos

XV - Ardyn.

A few notes. If Serah isn't the new female, I expect Raines to get in before her,  to give XIII a villain. If Yuna is returning female, either XI or XV will miss out on a rep this year. Probably XI

So

1) Zenos

2) Locke

3) Serah

4) (Vayne or Baltheir) Or Ardyn

5) Prishe

6) (Vayne or Baltheir) or Ardyn