Sign in to follow this  
PsYkiiiK

Your Best Characters and Why

So what were your thoughts on the characters you like so far? I know it's early still but with the Japan arcade being out and watching them along with playing a bunch (including training my dash cancels with Sephiroth against bronze npcs) I have some thoughts on a few characters. 

Zidane:  Had a lot of fun with this guy and so far I think he is one of the better choices for a speed character. It's very hard to pin him down. He can attack well from any angle and his ability to follow up it's ruthless. With Bahamet I feel like he has trance a whole lot and catching dodges with free energy after his up aerial bravery hard knockdown it's easy to debuff and take people out for a few seconds consistently. He can freely up air bravery to get far above everyone making it easy for him to stay safe. 

Kuja:  some of the best attack angles in the game. Very easy to stay safe and he punishes a passive playstyle very well. Again with Bahamat I feel it's not hard to get to trance and start buffing your team. Seraphic star punishes any shoot character well as their bravery attacks are slower than it. He doesn't have the best damage but it's very hard to finish him off especially with coordination. If you don't pay attention to him or keep running away, your team will lose. He's got the potential probably to be the best speed type imo.

Tidus:  amazing in 1v1 situations. His mix-up and crossup game are excellent and he's very unpredictable. He requires attention from multi enemies. Not the best team player like other assassins and not the best damage but again very slippery. 

Sephiroth: when octaslash comes out, he is going to be unreal at chasing people down. He is relentless and you must play his game. Outrageous range and amazing punishes are going to make him a powerhouse. 

Edited by PsYkiiiK
  • OMKefka 1

Sephiroth is very rewarding with his cancels and a pleasure to watch when played well. :Pritty:

Sadly I haven't had the time to play more than just a few hours of the beta test — from what I did manage to, though, it seems this might be the first time I'll actually settle on the characters I predicted I'd like — Ultimecia and Ace.

Was iffy on CoD but her tool assortment feels nicely spread so she came up a surprise.

Still gotta try out a couple more, namely Garland, Kain and Kuja to see if there's any clicks with them. All in all, pretty satisfied!

• OMKefka 1

Zidane was too much fun to play. I like his debuff ability and the fact that he can get 30% more dash gauge while in Trance. 

I enjoy Sephiroth's dash cancel ability as well. It'll take some time to master but is well worth it considering he can keep a combo going without the wall. 

Edited by Dirge
  • OMKefka 1

Kefka, cause he's probably the strongest villian in all Final Fantasy lore. Lovin his fake crystals, his crystal pillar neutral brave, his aerial up combo with the lightning puffs, and the whole HP attack for a close angel dive, or the range of his dark energy. Kefka the kid!

Sephiroth was one i really enjoyed but dash cancels were a bit touchy at first still really bad. My biggest winners were yshtola ace and ultimecia i had a blast with all 3 and would love to learn how to use them. Garland was my favorite vanguard due to simple but effective gameplan. Speed wise noctis and jecht really stood out. Sorry if its a bunch i tried a ton of the cast lol

• CoLove 1

I realise I am about to become the jester begging at the king's table for scraps here, but I have taken well to playing Garland during the Beta, with a bloody amazing victory shot (cornering my 3 enemy teammates and killing them all with a single HP attack). Wish I could have seen their faces. 

Statistically, on NT, Garland is my best to date. I want to master them all though (oh oh, Bartz vibes incoming!)

On 1/24/2018 at 11:07 AM, BlazerIke said:

Sorry if its a bunch i tried a ton of the cast lol. 

It's OK!  People should play as many characters as they can! Sorry about the double post didn't mean to. 

Edited by PsYkiiiK

I like playing Kuja and Ramza for about the same reason. I love being able to stay in the fight, but still be able to support my allies with their unique EX-Skills. Steel/Galvanize and Soul Resonance are both really fun ways to keep them buffed up while I'm casually harassing people with either Triple Break or Seraphic Star.

When I started the game I was Cloud to get the mechanics of the game back in my memory. Switched to Squall once I felt comfortable with the controls and just started playing around. I usually switch up my HP attacks depending on how well one is serving me at that point, I love Fated Circle for its quick egnition, but love charging Blast Zone. Ultima is interesting but haven’t given it enough time to get a full opinion. Still learning Squall so my playstyle isn’t set in stone yet