Sign in to follow this  
Seyren

Square Enix replied an email to fix Translation inconsistencies for NT, it's our time to help!

Hello everyone, it would be great if the mods can pin this, if not it's fine!, but this is an important thing for us Final Fantasy fans!

I sent them an email regarding the Translation issues (Terminal Vortex instead of Finishing touch,  Hot Steel instead of Jecht Blade/Slash).

I finally got a reply from them!

Your feedback is very valid and something we’d like to investigate further within. As I’m sure you can understand fans of DISSIDIA and FINAL FANTASY are everywhere on the internet, so it’s tough to keep track of all the things that are happening that fans would like to see resolved. I sincerely apologize we couldn’t have addressed this sooner, but I’m glad you contacted us at this email address.

We can see if we can dedicate resource to having a representative from Square Enix on the Reddit forums, but in the meantime, can I please ask for your help?

1. Consolidate all the names of the attacks / abilities that people are requesting to be modified, if possible, would you able to put in column A the “FROM” names and in column B the “TO” names
  2. Shoot over the web link (or links) for where everyone is talking about this topic

Because of this i arranged an Excel document where i will send the translations inconsistencies that You guys have found or know that frustrated you when you saw it, it's time to fix them!

This is the document that will be sent to them:
Excel document

The file has just been made right now, so the formatting will be fixed as time goes by, Please write down in the comments all the translation issues that you guys find so we can change them!

WARNING THOUGH:
The translation issue must be, FROM:(in-game) TO:(new name), and EXPLAIN WHY. A name that you think it would sound "cooler" or "better" this way is not a reason to put it in the list, this is mainly to fix inconsistencies between previous games of Dissidia, or other Final Fantasy games for that matter (Example, Finishing Touch is called Terminal Vortex in this game).

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: If you can provide Screenshots as evidence, that would be much better, i will try to attach said images to the document to make it easier.

Let's make a nice list for them to apply to the game!
Thanks to everyone in advance for participating in this 😛

Edited by Seyren