Deraj8

Deraj8 Modding Archives

On 5/22/2018 at 5:53 AM, Overclocked said:

Do you still make mods?

Haven't been on like like forever, but no, I no longer make mods. (If NT ever gets mod support, than i might do those)

On 6/5/2018 at 5:02 PM, Deraj8 said:

Haven't been on like like forever, but no, I no longer make mods. (If NT ever gets mod support, than i might do those)

Would you be able to release that bayonetta mod?  It looked amazing. 

Man does time fly. Not sure how active the community is anymore, but I recently started going through Dissidia 012 stuff again and figured I would check up on things here. :3

Not sure if I'll throw myself back into modding, but I will be working with the files again \o/

(Not to mention there's still several mods I still need to put out there :v )

• CoLove 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:09 PM, Chris Shade said:

Deraj8, your Sora Bartz model, I went looking into the MDS of it, but how did you make one meshX holding 2 different textures? I was never able to make it work

ah yeah that was a weird one, i had a few things like bartz's head on the p_XXX### bone, while the body was on the cape mesh parts (look at bartz's original GMO. So i'm actually changing the model of the "cape" when her goes to Ex-mode, but it looks like i'm only changing textures. At least that's what I remember doing lol

I meant that when I looked, the Bartz body and the Sora's crown necklace were both in one meshX, even though they were from 2 different textures. I usually end up with them being 2 separate meshXs unless I do some UV editing to stick them both into one texture.

16 hours ago, Chris Shade said:

I meant that when I looked, the Bartz body and the Sora's crown necklace were both in one meshX, even though they were from 2 different textures. I usually end up with them being 2 separate meshXs unless I do some UV editing to stick them both into one texture.

You mean the materials? The parts that I made it with were as follows (just so I can reference them more easily):

p_fiv000 - includes the Bartz body and the necklace. They were exported out as one mesh, but have two material ids and thus two textures. (assets/textures/FMChain AND assets/textures/diss_00)

wep0 - same as default Bartz

wep1 - same as default Bartz

wep10 - same as default Bartz

wep11 - same as default Bartz

wep12 - same as default Bartz

wep13 - same as default Bartz

wep14 - same as default Bartz

wep15 - same as default Bartz

wep16 - The first Sora body, goes over Bartz's standard cape in his default

wep17 - The Second Sora body, goes over Bartz's Ex-mode cape in his default

wep18 - The Crown from Sora, goes over Bartz's Stars.

wep2 - same as default Bartz

wep3 - same as default Bartz

wep4 - same as default Bartz

wep5 - same as default Bartz

wep6 - same as default Bartz

wep7 - Kingdom Key, goes over Bartz's Brave Blade

^This is how the MDS file appears for me when I look through the HexCode. so the mesh p_fiv100 does indeed have both the Bartz body and the necklace, but I'm confused as to what you mean. A mesh can have more than one material assignment (texture), like Yuna whose default hair is placed in two separate texture files while still being apart of the same mesh entry.

As for the separate textures, may I know what modeling program you use? Sometimes the program you use may do particular things or merge parts once you export. I, myself, have never had an issue with having separate textures on one model, if I ever do that for a mod then it's more for size sake and nothing else.

If you want to see what I mean yourself, open Yuna's default model in Noesis and open the Data Viewer (Tools>Data Viewer). Expand Model 1, then expand Meshes. Yuna has two mesh entries in her data: p_ten110 and wep0. However, you will notice four entries in the Data Viewer. Noesis separates them based on material, and clicking on them will allow you to see the affected parts. 

I hope some of this is useful >.<

4 hours ago, Chris Shade said:

I've been using Milkshape 3D. Zerox's tutorial is to export as psk, then use noesis to convert to FBX, before converting to MDS. The Blendbones and BlendOffset seems to be the key, but I dunno how they work.

My process is a little different. First, make sure you have your mesh in "groups" in milkshape (ex: diss_00.png and diss_01.png), then I export that into an SMD file. Then in noesis, I convert it to FBX (since this FBX never works for me I do something stupid). Then I take the FBX and convert it back to an SMD but with reversed UVs. Then I take that model into Fragmotion (which flips the UVs back), and export from there back into an FBX. Then I convert to MDS, and copy the blendbone (from "Blendbones" all the way to the unit before the next bone) data onto the correct bone (for bartz, his base body is p_fiv100), and the mesh data into the mesh data for the corresponding bone (p_fiv100). Aside from copying the material and texture data, this is all I change to convert my models.

Is this helpful?