Sign in to follow this  
Coppola

Thoughts on JP Ranked

I have been thinking about a ruleset that can follow the official in-game option and that does not require too much effort to build such as Dissidence ruleset, for example the JP Ranked ruleset. However, one issue JP Ranked has is the lack of damage. As you know, 012 bravery damage is much lower than the original DFF, and it increases duration of matches by a lot specially if the characters involved do not have easy means of dealing HP damage such as HP link and aerial chase, neither high damage output.

One feature JP Ranked has that makes it easier to use is a set that every character in the game can equip without abilities, the Imp set. I noticed another set with similar features, the Ancient Weapon set. It is a special set obtained inside the Labyrinth that increases damage by 40% and decreases defense by 50%, it sounds a bit scary to use on paper, but the damage does not skyrocket due to the fact it has a 67 ATK weapon (low for a LV100 weapon) and a 73 DEF shield (the highest for LV100). So I played around the accessories for a bit and made a ruleset around it. I am currently accepting suggestions for the accessory build in order to make this fine tuned. I want the final version to be called World Ranked Ruleset (WR-Ruleset), but if people do not like it, it is pointless to think that way. The ruleset I thought is as follows:

• Official In-Game Ruleset
  • Ancient Weapon Set (Particle Beam, Tome Shield, Defense Node, Mage Mail)
  • Summon use is banned, equipping or not is irrelevant since there is no Summon Unused accessory here (one less thing to pay attention is always good)
  • Every Extra Basic Ability is banned except "Precision Jump" and "EXP to EX Force" abilities (reason: some characters have more access to extra CP than others)

Build:

build.png.0f063d92ca5e3007604e407e4ccb4ea0.png

9972 HP, 1057 Base BRV, +50% damage, -50% defense, +10% EX Force Absorption, +40% Initial EX Bar, +50% BRV Recovery

Have fun.

Savefile (all characters built): https://tinyurl.com/wqrtvuv

Edited by Coppola